Do you ever feel like you can’t make it off the busy treadmill of life to breathe? Sometimes I feel so overbooked that it feels like I can’t possibly squeeze in one more thing. I know I am not alone and that everyone feels this way from time to time. The problem is that stress management can affect your overall health. I’m always saying that A Balanced Life Is Possible For Everyone, and that’s absolutely true. Sometimes it just requires a little…I hate to say it… planning.
Set aside a few minutes of your day to recharge your own battery, just like you would your phone. Here are some of my favorite mid-week mental getaways:
1. Step away from all electronics and go outside and breathe deeply. Oxygen equals energy and this is such a simple way to reclaim some of yours. You take time to use the bathroom—you simply can’t avoid it, right? Take time for your mental health, as well.
2. Light a candle and put on some soothing music. It’s amazing how much we absorb the stress in our environment. Even if you work in a busy office or have kids running around you, this is a great way to influence your surrounding community, and create a peaceful place for everyone.
3. Run a bath before you go to bed. Bath-time isn’t just for the kids. A soothing tub of bubbles and essential oils can erase stress and forces you to relax and be away from the world. Pour yourself a glass of something cold as an added bonus.
4. Laugh. Finding humor in every situation is a skill that needs to be exercised. Laughter increases endorphins in your body, quickens your pulse and increases your oxygen intake, which gives you a mental boost. It’s also great for the abs!
5. Meditate. Closing your eyes and focusing inwardly will give you a fresh perspective on things and can knock otherwise-seemingly-large problems down to size.
You can also book a regular yoga or meditation class to be done weekly right in your office. Then everyone feels better and productivity increases! Don’t have an instructor? Call us and we’ll set you up with one.
Let’s find balance together.